Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mixed bag.

Quilting almost finished on this quilt.
It should be able to go back to its owner today.
Difficult photographic conditions today, wind and sun glare.
The quilting was fairly simple, my girlfriend that made it didn't want any quilting on her hand stitching so I've put a couple of borders around each block and a cross on each tiny square.  You can see I have a couple to finish off this afternoon.

Some fabric from Retromummy's shop  that I stopped admiring and finally bought!  
Thanks Corrie.

Todays attire for playing with the button jar.
No, this is not what I wear when I sew.

I imagine we won't have the wood fire on much longer so I am making a loaf of bread while I have a nice warm spot for it to sit....ie the mixing bowl in front of the fire.

The vegie garden after it tidy up yesterday with Mum and Ellie Mae's help.
So growing now, at various stages for my info .....
lettuce, spinach, zuchinni, rhubarb, snow peas, carrots, corn, tomatoes, peas, beans, squash, pumpkins, potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, onions, leeks, celery, spring onions and broad beans.

Oh, and I made my radio debut today.  I rang in with a question on the ABC garden show.  They were very helpful but I got off the phone and felt very old.  Listening and ringing in to talk back radio.  Oh dear.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't do the ringing in business, but I do love talkback radio, gives you something to....well....talkback too!!
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilt, love the vegies love the fabric (of course)..its all gone now sadly!

    you ring up whoever you like! what a star! what did you ask??

    corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vegie patch looks so much tidier than mine. I love the ABC - Listen to it all the time - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow awesome vege patch and i love the quilt!!!
    Also i really love your babushka quilt its lovely, i really love pink and green together.
    Cheers,
    Khris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously you're not alone , we all listen to talkback , lol !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like we are all keen ABC listeners, and I admit having called with a gardening question in the past. I'm jealous of your lovely vege garden. You quilting has turned so well. The owner will be delighted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't feel old just wiser they answered your question. Love button girls attire.

    ReplyDelete