Sunday, October 18, 2009

A local friend.

We had a Sunday drive today to pick up some more calves.    We came across this guy on the road on the way home.  Isn't he/she spectacular.  He sat still on the road for a few minutes then took off quick as a flash up a tree.
Here he is trying to blend in with the tree.  Wouldn't this be good inspiration for a quilt wall hanging.  It was about 80cm long from top to tail.
A close up, the spikes, spines and scales on it were incredible.
After some quick research I think its a bearded dragon.

I managed a quick side visit to a small quilt show on the way too but forgot to take my camera in.  Sorry everyone, there were some lovely quilts too.  I don't know about you but I always feel funny taking photos at shows unless there is a sign that says it is OK.  What are everyone's views on this.  I am quite aware that when I enter a quilt in a show it will be open to photos.  I always ask permission if there is no sign.  I'd hate to get tapped on the shoulder and told to put the camera away.  I've  photographed in the past mainly to capture interesting colour/fabric combinations.

7 comments:

  1. I tend to think if you put your quilt in a show, you should be okay with people taking pictures and should feel complimented that they LIKE your quilt. BUT...I guess others don't always feel the same. I've not been to a show where photos weren't permitted BUT I've been to a show where there was a "Do Not Photograph" section that was clearly marked as such....usually some kind of traveling quilt exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to take pics at the shows for ideas colours etc...........even just to get to look at them again..........

    have seen lots of lizards on the road lately......

    you have been very busy while I got behind (reading) with all your sewing..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he is gorgeous ! We've had lot of blue tongues lately .

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the first picture, I thought "not so bad". And then I saw him on the tree and realized he's a BIG one! Not so cute anymore!

    At the quilt shows I've attended, there are always people taking pictures. I've never seen a sign saying it was ok though. Frankly, I'd be flattered if people were taking pictures of my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your blog and think it's lovely! I'm in a hurry to get girls to dance class but I will pop back another time for a longer visit. Love the lizard and your photo's are amazing. I'm looking forward to reading more about you and your life in the country xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. He/she is magnificent. I always forget my camera when I go to shows so I don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great photos of the lizard! Awesome! 8-)
    I love taking photos of quilts at shows, but respect those signs and those that request no photo be taken... I like viewing them again and again for inspiration and color ideas... 8-)

    ReplyDelete