Friday, October 23, 2009

Has beans.

Just to prove Miss Muff doesn't get around in pretty dresses all the time exchanging pleasantries with the chooks.  Here we are this morning (still in our pj's) having just fed the calves having a play in the vegie patch.



I told her to go and put the broad beans I had picked near the shoes at the back door.  She was gone for ages then can back with one of my shoes nearly full of podded beans.  Close enough I guess for a two year old.  She then proceeded to poke holes in the ground and re-plant them all.  We had just finished planting climbing beans so she was only copying what we did earlier.  Everyone in the house is pretty over broad beans so she may as well get some fun out of the last few.


I pulled up the finished snow peas and some of the broad beans and did heaps of weeds this morning.  The weeds have liked the humid days.  Everything is growing well except the spinach which the sparrows seem to like.  I'll have to construct a cover with some netting over them.  My craft exercise for the morning was to make a-frames for the beans.  You can see one in the background.  Also planted more celery and some spring onions.  I need to do some transplanting too.  I dug compost into a section of the garden and I have several varieties of pumpkins and self sown tomatoes coming up everywhere.  Mystery vegies I call them.

6 comments:

  1. Love the red wellies! Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's more like a girl of the land! I love the wellies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty impressive vegie patch you have there! And a dear little helper. Like the climbing frames xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow the garden is looking gorgeous! one very jealous city girl!

    corrie;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh I love your veggie patch. With no rain our patch has dried up and we're not re-planting until the rains arrive :( I miss my fresh veggies and herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is looking great! Especially with your darling little morning helper!!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete