Monday, October 12, 2009

Grunt.


I asked the husband last night to help me move furniture.....his pet hate.
I love changing things around....I think its a girl thing.

He managed to get out of it, had to go and see a mate, yeah right.  Hi Grant!

I've got the rearranging bug, so it happening anyway. 
My furniture removalist tip of the day.
When moving heavy furniture place a drop sheet or similar under it to help it slide.
The two year old imitating the grunting in the next room keeps it entertaining too.

I've been reading this blog lately, very inspiring.....she moves stuff herself too.  Check out this post.

This beautiful old chiffonier in the photo was my great grandparents, I've had it in the sewing room so the kids didn't knock it when playing, its cedar and easy to dint.  I think they are old enough now to bring it out in the lounge, plus I get some much needed space in my sewing room.

Grunt!

8 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous piece!

    I have a feeling your husband hasn't escaped scott free on the furniture moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, must be the hint of spring in the air!! Mine disappeared this morning when I mentioned moving the bedroom furniture. Haven't seen him since!!!
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am renowned for moving large pieces of furnture unaided - I think you are right, it's girl thing. We want it moved and we're doing it NOW. I love a bit of a change around, it keeps things interesting!! Love your blog by the way, see you again xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so fortunate to have that beautiful chiffonier - keep treasuring it! I wonder how many people even know of a piece of furniture by that name!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julie, beautiful piece of furniture.....especially as it belonged to your great grand parents...Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same as Beck, I nearly always move furniture unaided, using the same trick you have, except I use a mat which I turn over so it slides easily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely old chiffonier, Julie, it does look rather heavy :)
    I like to shuffle the furniture around too, it's nice to have a change every now and then.

    ReplyDelete