Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tree top

I've reached the top of the tree.  Three more lots of hair to stitch around and I can to the border.  The new needles are making it a little easier to stitch through so many layers.  I've managed to bend one slightly.  In the past when I have had to applique multiple layers I've stitched around some sections before putting them on the final background fabric.  This wouldn't work with these dolls because all of the layers overlap except for the apron on the skirt.
This is one of the tiny dolls at the top of the tree 6.5cm high.  Teeny tiny.

9 comments:

  1. Great work Julie.
    Nearly there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Hows the cleaning?? Not so good here, kids are driving me mad, everyone very tired. Finger and toes things improve and I can get cracking this evening and tomorrow morning. Very sticky weather here. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little lady is going to adore this. It is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh they are looking great..........can't wait to see it finished...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little dolls are just beautiful Julie, I'm really enjoying seeing this grow xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet! Can't wait to see the finished piece! Thanks for sharing!
    ~blessings~
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing a wonderful job with this. Thanks for sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Can't wait to see it completed!

    ReplyDelete