Monday, September 28, 2009

Summer dresses.

I've been working on my little dresses today.  I have an order for a couple, plus I'm gathering a collection together for markets when the weather warms up.  I just finished this one.  I've worked out a super simple pattern off some old clothes of Ellie Mae's.  I can whip them up pretty quick and then spend the time embellishing them.  I've been playing with ric-rac, yoyos, buttons and frills.  This one has a little posy of three yoyos which came up quite cute with a couple of buttons for centres.  Lots of fun!
I'm also excited because I worked out how to do a rolled hem on my overlocker today.  Wow the possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

  1. Your little dress looks so sweet. It would be lovely and cool to wear too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little dress is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very pretty. Do they come in big kid sizes (ie 28, nearly 29yr old size or would that just be clutching at my youth...?)
    Abbe ;)

    ReplyDelete