Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sewing machine switch.

My sewing machine is playing up again.  A lovely lady in town offered me a lend of her machine (almost the same model as mine) last time mine was out of action.  She doesn't sew any more.   I've taken her up on her offer until I decide what to do with my machine.  You may remember I wasn't happy with the last service guy I used.  Don't they look cute, mines the blue one.  As far as I can tell my one does a few fancier stitches, the pink machine just does basic stitches.  Fine with me.  I'm just happy my walking foot and free motion foot fit it.  mmm  I wonder if she would sell it to me?  Its in perfect condition and hasn't done much work.  
Last nights pickings.  The lemon delicious didn't come to fruition.  Maybe tonight.  The snow peas are delicious.
Had a little outing today.  As part of the drought relief activities a mobile op-shop visited the town today.  I went for a sticky beak and came home with a couple of things for me and my 13 year old niece.  Everything was $1!

6 comments:

  1. Can't believe you've got a walking foot to fit your machine! I've got an Elna, has a grey top and couldn't find a foot to fit. I still love Elnas but I recently got a Pfaff so the Elna is now a standby machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lucky girl to have someone to help you out! Nice shopping, too!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learnt to sew on my Mum's machine which was the same as your blue one (they were the top of the line when they came out) before she updated to an Air Electronic Elna, which she still uses all the time. My MIL has one similar to yours but with the beige top and I was given a little Elna Stella when I was 16, which I still have. I have a real soft spot for the old Elnas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the midst of a several-months'-long problem with my Janome machine that I only bought a year ago. It is beyond frustrating for me. Thank goodness I have my two older machines as back-ups....and they are much more reliable than my new machine, which is very sad, since the new machine was a lot more costly. *sigh* I'm glad you have a good back-up at the ready there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you sort out the sewing machine soon...I don't like it when I have those problems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The machines are so sweet together. Your veggies look yummy. Maggie May with your sleeping baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete