Monday, September 7, 2009

Its quilted....



I finished quilting the Babushka's last night.  I don't have enough pink for the binding so might do a scrappy binding from the leftovers.  I used a pale green check I bought recently for the backing, I have enough of it for a quilt as well as this wall hanging, very handy.  I didn't quilt over the dolls themselves and I kept all the hearts the correct way up seeing its going to be hanging on a wall.  I think hearts are like horse shoes, hang them the wrong way up and all the love falls out.   :0)

14 comments:

  1. You must be so happy, Julie - quilting gorgeous, the wallhanging gorgeous!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie that is beautiful ! I do think you're right about the hearts . Come over and see how well I've done with my spring cleaning !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Julie and will be finished in plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time you show it, I think it gets lovelier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's beautiful - well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie~
    It is simply BEAUTIFUL, better than I ever imagined it could be! I love that you did the quilting in hearts too!
    Have a wonderful week!
    ~blessings~
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wallhanging Julie, it's just adorable!! I never thought about that thing with the hearts ... from now on I'll keep them the right way up :o)!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect little hearts Julie! Great quilting! I shall have to try hears sometime... even if they turn out wonky! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice job. Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, it's come together really quickly, I do like the heart quilting and I agree with you about them needing to be the right way up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. and doesn't it look wonderful, you've done a beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete