Monday, September 28, 2009

Its official - Quilting is good for your health!!

I found a great little tit bit while reading the weekend papers.  The Mayo clinic in Minnesota did a study on memory loss.  On researching the daily activities people did over their lives they discovered those that had done craft activities such as quilting or other mentally stimulating activites had a 50% lower risk of developing memory loss with age.  I know doing sudoko is good for you and I've always said quilting must be just as stimulating.

Feel free to use this information to your advantage next time you are fabric shopping with your husband.  If a house bulging at the seams with fabric, sewing machines and dropped pins means we don't get alzeimers  they will just have to get used to it won't they!

Made my day.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good enough excuse to me!...
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of that study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Julie...thanks for the fabulous excuse, I will use that one!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Passing this link along to some quilting friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great...the way my mind has been lately, I would be in a right state if I wasn't sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I'll be using that one ;) I'll even send him over to read your blog so he doesn't think I'd made it up hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that comment too. I immediately read it to my husband. I have to justify all the cut up bits of fabric all over the house somehow!! LOL!!
    Quilting is very theraputic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure where I have gone wrong. I can't remember what I had for breakfast. LOL

    ReplyDelete