Saturday, September 26, 2009

Grand final day.

We have family visiting for Grand Final weekend.  Its been wet on and off so 13 y/old niece "J" and I started her quilt.  She has chosen all the fabrics and the Amore pattern by Anne Gadsby.  This is as far as we got before running out of visiflex.  We will learn how to blanket stitch tonight so she can take some of the blocks home to do until we see each other next time.
The kids got a quick run around on the motor bike between rain showers.
Big lamb roast for tea tonight!
Possible lighting of bonfire if we can brave the cold.

8 comments:

  1. Lamb roast sounds good in this bleak weather. We were supposed to go camping with a big fire, but too windy here, so will stay home in our snug house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is going to be a wonderful quilt. Good luck with your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good quilting weather, not so much good footy weather! You're a good auntie, teaching your niece the tricks of the trade. She'll appreciate it for years to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Gina,

    I wish someone had taught me how to mend a patch nevermind make a quilt. I am still searching for someone to teach me how to use my new sewing machine. I just need a few basic lessons. I figured out how to thread it and have had a few practice rounds on paper. But I know something is just not right. Can't wait until I can get started! I WILL make a quilt one day. I love the dark square with the coloured heart. Happy quilting! Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend. Happy memories made. I love your Babushka quilt. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw, that quilt will look nice when it will be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a great day for sewing, but I must admit to watching the last 10 minutes - Go Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spending time with my nieces and teaching them to quilt, sew, knit, and stitch is something I'm really looking forward to. I'm glad you're getting to do the same! The quilt looks fantastic and the memories of making it will be priceless!

    ReplyDelete