Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend at home


We had a nice weekend around the house. just the four of us.  We did haircuts Saturday morning and I slipped in to visit to the local patchwork shop two doors up.  I found this nice green checked backing and bought a bit.  I'm not sure which quilt to to back with it yet either my Objects of Desire above or Aviary below.  I might go back for more yet, it looks nice with both.

I also bought some thread and some pellon.  I already have pellon but it must be in my "very safe" storage spot because I can't find it.  Grrr.


My other win for the weekend was this.  Yes, a tank.  I'm (well husband) is cutting it off to make a raised,  snake free strawberry patch.  I just have to work out where to put it in the garden.



The boys knocked over a dead tree and had a little marshmallow toast-a-thon in the back yard.


We also managed a little drive.   Where we live it is totally flat.  Patrick saw this pile of dirt and wanted to climb up for a look.  Apparently when I was little I was always asking Mum and Dad to stop the car to roll down green hills, maybe its in the genes.

4 comments:

  1. Those genes, they come back to haunt us all the time as parents, lol. I love the green check with the Aviary, soft and gentle, just like us????
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely weekend! Hope the tank works well xox

    ReplyDelete