Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Wall hanging finish.


I had a good run today and got this finished.  Despite having a nearly two year old that thinks she needs to undress and have a bath every hour.  

This angle shows the quilting a little better.  I didn't put a lot on it.  I just did some diagonal curving lines that all originate from the same corner.   I was happy with how they came out, considering I didn't draw them on before I sewed, just did them by eye as I went.  I used pellon in the sandwich instead of thicker wadding, it is just a nice thickness for a wall hanging without being bulky.


The sleeve for hanging.  I went with the leaf fabric for the binding too.  
We have an hour before the school bus arrives so might go deliver.
Cheers.

8 comments:

  1. The wallhanging turned out great. I like the quilting you did too. Good job! Leaf print for binding is a perfect finish :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great.

    I would love to see a whole quilt done this way, maybe with a pieced background of squares tho - so that the join lines where you piece the background aren't so obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh julie... that is absolutely stunning!!

    and thanks for the info on the link thing. i need all the help i can get with computer stuff sometimes! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely....would go very well in my kitchen too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great...the quilting is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie, that wall-quilt is awesome! I love the quilting you've done on it too! Very effective! A job well done! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colours on this one, such a simple idea really.

    ReplyDelete