Friday, August 14, 2009

Vintage pattern - 3yo dress


My collection of old patterns is growing so I thought it was about time I started making a few up.  Plus my model is growing up before my eyes and I want to make some little dresses for her before she is all grown up.  This dress is from Style No. 1485 from 1964.  Its a pattern my Mum, one that she used for me!!  I must do a search and see if I appear in it in any old photos next time I visit my parents.

I know the fabric is a bit boring but I didn't want to use anything too special in case I mucked it up.   The fabric is "Northern Solitude" by Holly Taylor for Moda.   I thought this would look cute in some photos in long dry grass next Summer if its not too big.  Its a size three, I might have to make it a little shorter.  My model decided it was too cold to be playing dress ups with me so I am yet to try it on her so I can finish it off.   I'd make this pattern up again it was quite straight forward, especially with the overlocker.  :0)

5 comments:

  1. It's really sweet, especially those puffy sleeves. I like the fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabric, and love that pattern. The old patterns are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember making my girls their dresses and I loved it. I even had a pattern that you could make a dress for the child and one for her Cabbage Patch doll. I will look around and see if I still have some. If you are interested I would be glad to forward them onto you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to say I did check my patterns and they are all sizes 6 and up, you are more than welcome to them if you'd like they are just sitting here collecting dust.

    ReplyDelete