Saturday, August 1, 2009

UFOing


Getting rid of the box of sewing for the school production triggered a sewing room tidy up.
I have my machine and overlocker set up on desks opposite each other with a swivel chair in the middle, its working really well even if it does look a bit cramped but I'm usually the only one in there.

I've got a few UFO's in my pile so tonight I tackled one,  my Happy Houses from Lurline's swap.  My Mum's quilt group in Melbourne gifts a lot of quilts to a special needs school, they like bright colours and pictures for the kids so I thought I might send this quilt to them.  I have a feeling they don't put wadding in them so they can be easily washed and they aren't so much for warmth, more for comfort for the kids at rest time.  

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to donate the quilt to the special needs school, it's such a cheery quilt :^)

    I think having the 2 machines close together like that is brilliant! Is your ironing board close by too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing room looks great...nice view. I am sure the kids will love that happy fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me - I need to work on my houses and finish that little project. Love the view you have from your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete