Monday, August 10, 2009

Romanesco


This is the latest thing ready for eating from our vegie patch.  Its called Romanesco from my reasearch and it is absolutely amazing to look at.  Its a very space age vegetable, a cross between broccoli and cauliflower and very pretty.  This link shows some REALLY close up shots of the vegetable, amazing.  My photo is a bit pale, it is really lime green.
We picked the first broccoli yesterday and some snow peas and we are getting regular eggs which is great.  

7 comments:

  1. They call this brocciflower - Romanesco is much prettier - at the local supermarkets and it is expensive - so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfectly beautiful to enjoy. And to think that it evolved! LOL Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks yummy, have seen some purple cauliflour too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that lime green color! Aren't veggies sooo inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i saw this in my garden catalog last spring and debated ordering it. i decided not to since my garden plot was getting full already but maybe i'll try it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how pretty! I bought one of those recently at a market. Loved the colour of them - almost fleuro green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute! well done! I hope I can have a vegie patch when we move! and get justin out there to make it for me! I did see a cute vegie patch in a hale bay which was very cool and growing quickly so that might be my option!

    Jill is coming to stay next week so I'll be cleaning the house all weekend!
    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete