Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pink and green.


This is my colour theme for the Babushka Tree quilt/wall hanging.  Pretty bright hey!   I went to the local patchwork shop today and the owner commented on my thread selection.  She thought they were pretty "out there" for me.  I bought two  little pieces of fabric, the rest is from my stash including some hand dyes I did about three years ago and some cute pieces from retromummy when Ellie Mae was born.  I've been waiting for the right project to put them in.  I think Aunty Corrie would approve, she's doing her own little Babushka at the moment.  The quilt is bigger than I expected, Mum bought me the pattern so I hadn't seen it made up, if I had read the front of the pattern I would have realised it is quite large.  Now lets see if I get it done in a month or not............maybe it might turn into a "third" birthday present NEXT September.  



14 comments:

  1. Love those colours . I can't wait to see it done .

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, I opened up your blog and went wow great colours and then read on! pink and green are definitely right up there as my favourite colours!

    can't wait to see how it looks and love the pattern, off to take a look too! I also like the rosalie quinlan russian doll quilt too!

    just lovely
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour combo. One of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute pattern...love your fabrics...it will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great colors! Your quilt is going to be fabulous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and bright. Ideal for a girly quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those colors together. So beautiful!
    Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is going to look great! Am loving the colours you have picked out, they all look fantastic together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colours Julie, it's going to look great.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's one of my favorite color combos too. And after looking at the childrens clothing in your sidebar, pink and green are not a departure for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your colour & fabric choice...you can always downsize the pattern if you think it is too big...they will look cute though.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome colors! I look forward to this! 8-)

    ReplyDelete