Friday, August 14, 2009

Little pink dress


I had time to try another pattern today.  Once again its a size too big for Ellie Mae but she might be lucky and get two Summers out of it.  

I made the little red dress on the left from 1985 Style pattern 4156.  It was reasonably easy but the straps were fiddly.  I just used some Spotlight fabric I bought last year.

This reminds me I must go and take some daisy cuttings.  
If and when I can convince my model to dress up for me I'll post some pictures of this dress and the last one being worn.  I can't wait.

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! 2 dresses in one day! Both are great but this one is my favorite! So cute and twirly! Fabric is sweet too. Well done Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Colours...so Cute.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy, I can remember when I was a kid, because I was the oldest I got all the new clothes (home-made that is) and then when I grew out of them my sisters got them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Now I do feel old! I made that exact same dress for my two girls, one had pink and one had blue (like they always did). It an adorable pattern ........... still !
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh... you are good, Julie!! 2 dresses in one day!

    I'm sure Ellie Mae will be absolutely adorable with her blonde hair and pink sundress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so pretty - I so admire you, Julie! Your little one will grow up remembering her pretty dresses - I do!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet dress - it looks lovely styled with the daisies in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Article!

    One Simple Tech - Computer News, Reviews and Guides
    The Forex Site - The Foreign Exchange
    MagicStix - Personal Blog of MagicStix

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete