Friday, August 7, 2009

Going around in circles.


I've been commissioned by a friend to do a small wall hanging for a plain corner of her kitchen.
She didn't know what she wanted but after a cup of tea and a rummage through my stash she picked some fabrics and came up with the following design.

They look a bit like planets in space here but the circles are cut out of a leafy fabric and look quite interesting on the green.  Its a very abstract piece for me but I like it.  It was inspired by a tea towel she had with red and green apples on it, hence the circles and the colours.  She is in her 70's and also stipulated she wanted something a abstract and modern looking, not something your average Granny would hang up.  She cracks me up.  I hope it fits the bill.  

4 comments:

  1. It'll be a great lookking quilt for your friend. I also like your boyfriend very much, LOL, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Circles wall hanging will be adorable! You friend must be a real firecracker by the sounds of it...8-)

    Like your "boyfriend"! I could have used a boyfriend like that at our other house... You've been busy out there!

    Love your Counting Mat! What a great idea!

    Wonderful sewing room! Great window to sit under! Looks like a nice view too... 8-)

    Happy Houses look wonderful put together! Awesome Julie!

    I think I am caught up some now... I see you've put up a profile photo! Good looking young gal you are! 8-)

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Idea of this...looking forward to seeing it finished...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do like this, and will be looking forward to the end result also.

    ReplyDelete