Friday, August 21, 2009

Babushka Tree started


Finally I got some time to start my new project. I've stuck the tree down ready to stitch around and I am playing with my first Babushka. I'm in two minds about their eyes. I think they need to be black, the shape is a little odd to. They will probably look fine but when I was drawing it they seemed very spaced apart.

Its quite big isn't it!!!

We had some sun yesterday so we went outside for some impromptu photos.
Here's my little Babushka around the clothes line.


6 comments:

  1. What's an aussie backyard without a hills hoist and kid to play on it??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one babushka is looking good! Lucky duck your little DD getting this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it is big. i love the colored eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the prettiest Babushka I've ever seen swinging around a pole
    ;0)

    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics...the tree will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try one block and if you don't like it then fiddle with the shape. I quite like it myself.

    ReplyDelete