Friday, July 31, 2009

It had to happen sooner or later.



My new overlocker and I have been getting acquainted.  Mainly doing mending and tidying up old towells, basic stuff.  On Wednesday I took it along to a girldfriends for a day of sewing costumes for the school play.  Then disaster struck......one of the lower loopers became unthreaded.  I couldn't for the life of me get it re-threaded even with the manual.  So last night I set myself up in the sewing room with the laptop and instructional DVD and finally worked it out.  (Lucky the kids were in bed, there were a few bad words said.)  I'm happy to say I can thread it all now really quickly without referring to any book or DVD.

12 comments:

  1. Yay for overlockers! Hoping for one for my 30th Birthday later in the year. Is it the 744D?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't be long and you'll be rethreading without even thinking just like your sewing machine . I'm glad you're becoming friends !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember how it used to terrify me to re-thread - but that was in the olden days, I have sold it since! Get lots of sewing done for the littlies with yours!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. When all else fails, read the instructions! Although we never like to have to do that!

    Looks like a nice machine though.

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Julie, I remember how much of a pain in the butt overlockers can be to thread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julie! Well, you're a lot cleverer than me!! I have owned my overlocker for 12 years and STILL can't re-thread the blasted thing!! Though, I am a bit instruction-impaired, so have problems following the steps. I usually have to wait til my Mum comes to visit and get her to thread it! BLUSH!!! :0) Have fun playing with it!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine's in a cupboard, I have to use the manual if ever I thread it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fear of having to therad one is one of the main reasons I haven't yet bought one.
    Good on you!!
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Threading/re-threading an overlocker is one of the most frustrating things on earth! Often found my overlocker worked better if I re-threaded the four threads rather than just one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought men were the ones with the reading instructions problem!
    YLH

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had exactly the same problem with mine in the past. I'm still not good at it. I usually call in reinforcements, but thanks for the tip with computer DVD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie, when I bought mine many years ago, the sales person wouldn't let me take it out of the shop until I could re thread the blasted thing.....

    ReplyDelete