Thursday, July 9, 2009

Girls Day Out Quilt in one piece.


Its taken me two and a half years but I finally have this quilt top in one piece ready to quilt.  We have just returned from our favorite holiday destination (my parents in Melbourne).  I squeezed in a couple of trips to spotlight and managed quite a bit of sewing while the little ones were busy with Grandma and Grandpa.

I've started the quilting.  I decided against quilt as you go mainly because of the borders, I wasn't sure how to tackle them.  I have the centre panel done which is the hardest part anyway. 




Lots of other things to show and tell too but its late, I've got to go to bed.  
Oh and my Google Reader account is out of control because I haven't looked at it for nearly a week.  Lots of catching up to do.  Oh well.

10 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! You did it! Congratulations!
    What a job you did, it's stunning!!!
    Now I really want to get on with mine too, I just have to :o)
    Look forward to see the quilting, are you doing it by hand or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Julie, it is great!! It's nice to see it all in one piece and ALMOST completed! yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful! Congrats on getting it this far! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Quilt looks Gorgeous...well done on it's Finish...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is such a good feeling when you get to this point..........goodluck with the quilting...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks gorgeous, Julie...well done!
    I love this pattern, but never got around to doing it..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, your quilt is beautiful, fabulous, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Julie - so lovely!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an adorable quilt Julie,
    lizzie

    ReplyDelete