Thursday, May 28, 2009

Retreat results.


Finally five minutes to show what I accomplished over the weekend at our retreat.
I blanket stitched around these 21 flower blocks.
I had hoped to piece some of the quilt too but my sewing machine didn't like going on holiday and I couldn't get the tension to work, so no piecing.  

My sewing machine has gone to the sewing machine Dr. for a service this week so I'm waiting patiently, itching to sew these together.

I also took my Girls Dat Out Quilt block and did some tiny finishing touches.  This is the Teddy Shop all finished.

The Antique Shop finished.

And the Florist finished.

The other three girls just did hand stitching too, no one else took a machine.  So we didn't have "finished" quilt tops or anything big and impressive to photograph for our weekend away.  We had a fabulous time though.  We are all still raving about the food and accommodation.  We have plenty of takers for our next excursion.

8 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is beautiful...GDO looks stunning...love the daisies- are they flannel? Looks like a very productive weekend...my sewing machine gets car sick too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful Julie. I'm stitching the Teddies block at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you got all those flowers done during your retreat! What are the flowers for???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful Julie..as is your embroidery!
    Look forward to seeing what the flowers become..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your flowers, can't wait to see how it looks all pieced together....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your flower blocks look great! Too bad your sewing machine wasn't happy being away from home... 8-(

    The Girls Day Out blocks look awesome! Such detail! Love it! 8-)

    Great Happy Houses you have to work with there! 8-)

    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pinkmuckyboots@yahoo.comJune 1, 2009 at 2:45 PM

    Wow, how do you get your blanket stiches to look sooooo even. I love the hand work your doing. Now tell me more about this $3.00 sewing machine. Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are sooo beautiful! I better get on with this one too, soon. I almost cannot wait... But I don't have time to start on it now, but hopefully soon :o)
    Thanks for sharing:o)
    Laila

    ReplyDelete