Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quiet Mother's Day.




I hope all the Mums, including mine, had a lovely day.
We didn't get up to much here.  I had a sleep in, got some very special hand made presents before we had a lazy breakfast with the sun streaming through the window. 
Then we fed the calves and shifted them from the calf pens to the little grassy paddock in front of the house.  The kids and the claves were all very excited.   There was lots of chasing each other around in the long grass. 


While we were fixing up the calves this old truck went past.  Straight off the pages of a boys story book don't you think?  I thought it was cute.  It was going very slow.......I wonder why?

We also did some tree planting and had a little bonfire before tea so all in all a very nice day.

The only craftyness I got up to was some nine patch block making for Crazy Mum's one a day - quilt along.  Well its not exactly "one square a day here", more like "seven squares on a Saturday night".  No hot Saturday night dates here, just me and the sewing machine.   Husband had to go and help a mate "fix a tractor"........likely story...........code for "have a few beers" if you ask me.  Do they think we are that stupid?  Wasn't really complaining, I got quite a bit done.  Photos to come.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, your pics say it all - what treasures you have there!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too Julie!
    Sounds like you had a laid back kind of day, nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot dates on Sat night sounds good........get some sewing done........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great easy day with family...that's the best kind of days to have..
    Love the pic of your son with the truck passing by..
    Hope Dh enjoyed working on the tractor!!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a perfect (mothers) day Julie,
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet they fixed that tractor real good ! Lovely calves and children too :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. that first photo made me smile... what a couple of sweet faces! We've been enjoying our new calves too. They are fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. During the six years I have lived here, I have had some joy occasionally seeing some old trucks. One or two were amazing.

    ReplyDelete