Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vegies



Pickings..........
Pumpkin and capsicum.

Plantings............
Onions, cauliflower, broccoli, snow peas, climbing peas, carrots, strawberries, leeks, parsley, oregano and celery.  Still growing are turnips, capsicum, rhubarb, carrots, parsley, leeks and two sunflowers!!

Planning...........
Chooks, see overgrown pen in background, and a few citrus trees, passion fruit vine.

Market wrap up.  I meant to blog earlier but its taken me three days to locate my camera which was safely tucked away in my husbands laptop bag. The weekend went well considering how cold and wet it was.  We had an inch of rain on Saturday, thank goodness I was inside, there was no way I could sell anything from a portable table under a flapping tarp.  I sold mainly hand made goodies on Saturday and fabric on Sunday, so you can't pick what market goers are going to be interested in.  It was a great chance to promote the on-line shop too.

This week has seen a major catch up in the house work department, vegie garden planting while the ground is damp and looking after my calves who have been a bit off colour.  Ick!  They are looking better now.  I think the cold weather was a shock for them.  Oh and I bought a new pair of gumboots yesterday, just your boring old black variety, my old ones had a hole in them I discovered when it finally rained.

6 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great... i love the pumpkins! Glad the markets went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the market went well. It rain here on Saturday as well it was soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cold, wet toes will always remind you to get new boots!
    Your garden looks great. I'm anxious to get mine planted. We don't plant until the end of May or first part of June.
    Have a wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Holy boots! 8-)

    Garden looks great! Here no one plants before our Victoria Day (May 18th) long weekend... ? ... When does your Fall time start? Winter?

    What is this capsicum thing? Is it what we call green peppers? Cause that is the only other thing I see in the photo with the pumpkins...

    Glad to hear your market went well. Good for you and Kerri! 8-)
    Hopefully you will have generated more online shop interest in your area! 8-)

    Happy gardening/stitchings! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to laugh at Myra, I call capsicums, green peppers or red peppers and people look at me strangely :) Lucky for you to be inside that lovely old shop while it was raining outside.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, we call 'em sweet bell peppers, whether they're green, red, yellow or orange :^)

    Glad to hear market was a success. Being able to promote the online shop
    is an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete