Thursday, April 2, 2009

Patisserie in store and a new quilt design.


Another reveal.
I have made this quilt from two Patisserie Honey buns.  
It measures 41 x 63 inches. 

There were only a couple of strips (plains) that I didn't use and some tiny off-cuts which I used to make the matching doll quilt at the bottom of this post.

I showed some sneak peeks a few months ago.  I had every intention of writing a pattern for this quilt to coincide with the fabric release.  Looks like I was too slow so here is the quilt, the pattern is to come.  At least it gives you an idea of the spread of colours in the range if you choose to use a pre-cut pack.


Here is the new range the store today.  
Just gorgeous.  
Splashes of red, pink, green, cream, brown and soft gold.
Honey buns, charm pack, fat quarters and fabric p/m.


Too nice to unroll aren't they.


Postage stamp doll quilt made from off-cuts from my Patisserie Quilt.
Measures 15 1/2 inch square.

You may remember I got carried away with the rest of the teeny tiny scraps here and here.

12 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! WOW! Two great quilts revealed in two days - how clever are you!! Yep ... this one needs to go on the "I must write a pattern for ..." list too. The colours give a lovely warm autumn feel - just when we start to think of snuggling under quilts!! GO FOT IT! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie...I love your two newbies.. and that fabric line is a must have... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it love it love it! can't wait for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to see the pattern for the quilt. my only problem is i'm never sure if a pattern is "beginner, intermediate, or difficult". i'm afraid i'll get in over my head on something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Lovely way to show off New Fabric..love this quilt too...Gorgeous Range...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, yet again a beautiful quilt - I love it!
    I already stocked up on Patisserie (I just couldn't resist!). But seeing all those goodies together I wonder if I have enough ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your two newbies.. and that fabric line is just gorgeous!
    The quilt really suites the fabric..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, thanks for the idea for using left-overs if one wants to cut the charm-packs smaller! Love the new quilt, too - must get some projects done before I venture into you shop again - maybe!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great fabrics Julie! Wonderful quilt and doll quilt! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Patisserie quilt- looks great. Nice to "meet" you today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Again, I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog today. I'm adding you to my favorites. I would love to see the pattern when it comes out and hopefully purchase it if it is available in the US. I love Patisserie and just bought my first honey bun over the weekend and have been looking for ideas. Yours is lovely! And I love the doll quilt - so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore doll quilts and i'm loving this little gem..love the postage stamp design too :)

    ReplyDelete