Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pinwheels continued.


I know this quilt is taking forever.  For a purely scrap quilt I have put way to much thinking time into it.  I finally decided how to quilt it.  I've done a curved line on the white section of each pinwheel.  I was hoping it would look a little like they were turning.  Remember those little paper windmills you used to make and attach to a stick.  I thought of doing a reverse curve on the coloured part of the blocks but decided it would look like a big flower, not really what I was after.

I'm happy with my pieced back, I'll be doing that again.  The quilting has left an interesting pattern on the back too.


Very, very windy here today.  Extreme fire danger day.  The school buses aren't running and many schools across the state have been closed.  I've been keeping a close eye on the CFA, BOM and this fire map web site all day in case we need to leave.   I've organised our "valuables" into one place for a quick getaway.  Hopefully this won't be necessary, it looks worse closer to Melbourne in the hills.  I've decided having our photos etc all together isn't a bad thing.  You just never know what is around the corner.  I've been very anxious about our family in the hills, I've just heard they have had to leave their house and are OK.  Very relieved to know they are OK.

5 comments:

  1. Wow the quilt looks great...... My thoughts are with you....went to Melbourne AQC on the weekend and on the drive in saw the smoke in the distance .......just that was enough to bring emotions to a few ladies on the bus........ my thoughts are with you ...take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt and the quilting looks great ... front and back.
    Stay safe.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt no matter how much I stare at the front quilting I can not get it to work out on the back????? Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great quilt! the curved lines look very nice.
    i'll pray that you and your family stay safe from the fires.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie.

    Just want to say I love your blog ;)

    I'll be back to visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete