Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Playing around with pin wheel quilt


Remember my pin wheel quilt  I got it out today to try and work out what I am going to do on the back of it.  I wanted a semi-pieced back out of the scraps used in the pin wheels.  Inspired by crazy Mom quilts, she does some really snazzy simple backs on her quilts as well as having a great quilting blog.


Anyway, I decided to cut my scraps in to 1 1/2 inch strips, all different lengths depending on how much fabric I had left over.  I'm joining them in a panel on the backing, similar to how they are laid out above.  


4 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! Your quilt looks fabulous - I love that you've used a plain colour to show off the pretty coloured fabrics! And it looks like you had a little helper too, I bet you were ever so GRATEFUL for her help! Tee! Hee! Hee! Bear Hugs! KRIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like pieced backs on quilts. it's like getting 2 quilts in 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this quilt and with your pieced backing it will be even more fantastic!! :o)

    ReplyDelete