Thursday, February 19, 2009

Building houses


I've started building my Happy Houses.  I went through my stash and picked out brightish fabrics.  I was surprised at how many I had accumulated as they are not really my thing.  These colour combinations are right out of my comfort zone.  I am doing the sashings last.  I hope my houses don't give their future recipients nightmares.  I'm doing a few pretty ones and some more boyish ones.  It will be interesting to see how everyone's are matched up.

4 comments:

  1. Your little houses look great! Can't wait to see what you end up with. It is a good way to use up those scraps too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You happy little builder! Your houses look great - look, I have never really been a 'brights' person, but it is an acquired taste and I am coping with it quite well - kinda very happy!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Julie..
    I might even end up with one or two of them...
    I have made 8 so far,,
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of those houses, you are doing a great job. I made a batch to practice as patchwork is not something that I do often, now I just need to make some to swap.

    ReplyDelete