Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hand stitched pram.


I got my "Girls Day Out" quilt out yesterday to see whats left to do on it.  I started it well over 18 months ago.  I always knew it would be a long term project but I've really  been procrastinating on some of the hand stitching.  Some of the blocks are supposed to have buttons on them but I am not putting buttons on my quilt so I have to find some other way of replacing the images where the buttons would be.  The pram above was supposed to be a button.  

Instead yesterday drew it out and just kept filling it in with long stitches to give a woven basket look.  It has come up great.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! What a lovely stitchery!!! I haven't seen anything like this, so sweet! Is it a part of a huge project, or a wallhanging? love the colors of the thread too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pram looks great, much nicer than a button!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Julie..
    I like the stitching better than a button too.
    Great work..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! you're killing me with all these quilting pics!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that little pram is the cutest thing ever... so much better than just a button!

    ReplyDelete