Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pink scrappy fairy.


I made this baby quilt today.  I did the stitchery over the weekend while we were on holiday.  I've used up some of my pink stash.  I cut various lengths, all 2 1/2 inch wide and joined them end to end to make the two outside borders.  It would be a great way to use up left over jelly roll pieces.  the stitchery is done on the Moda Solid Cream available here in the Provincial Patch  Shop.


I've quilted it all over with hearts and swirls.  Sorry about the bad light.  I'll do a better photo in the daylight after I put the binding on 


I also experimented with stitching close around my applique, I quilted around her wings too, bit fiddly but looks OK.  It doesn't come up very well in the photo but it has given her more of a three dimensional appearance.  Off to make some binding.  This little quilt is for a local tourist shop that I have some quilts on consignment at.  They wanted some more quilts but finding enough time to make them has been a challenge.  It will be nice pocket money if I sell a few.  I'm desperate for this new overlocker.


5 comments:

  1. That is simply adorable Julie! Very sweet!
    How nice for you to have some of your quilts sold at a tourist shop! Kewl idea! Maybe something we should look into doing here!
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pink fairy and the heart quilting is perfect for it. How big is it? And how do you decide what price to sell it for? Must be hard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is really lovely, Julie - how lucky some little baby will be! Am sure it will sell very quickly.
    Looking forward to receiving my fabric order - maybe not today, but perhaps Monday.
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little quilt is really lovely, Julie - how lucky some little baby will be! Am sure it will sell very quickly.
    Looking forward to receiving my fabric order - maybe not today, but perhaps Monday.
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little Fairy quilt. Really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete