Monday, November 24, 2008

Mail and a Sunday drive.


I received my parcel from Retromummy during the week.  I bought two children's clothing books off her to help reduce her stash to move house, and oops, I think Keira must have stuffed a little fabric in the parcel when mummy wasn't looking.  Thanks girls. xxx

My Willy Wagtails started harassing me again yesterday when I hung out the washing.  A quick look in their next confirmed my suspicions.  Another couple of weeks dodging cranky little birds coming up.

Yesterday we went for $5 roast lamb lunch at a little country pub about half an hours drive away.  We took the scenic route home.  This is a sad photo I snapped.  Sheep in a dry paddock, broken windmill, no water in dam.

This old church is for sale.  We had a look through.  The owners from Melbourne were packing up to go home home.  It has a loft master bedroom (complete with original religious mural) two other bedrooms, big living area and solar power, it was very cute but not quite where we need a holiday house.  $110,000 for anyone interested.  Be warned it really is in the middle of nowhere.  

The long road home.

4 comments:

  1. I came here to check out your little girl dresses and bloomers and ended up staying longer. Love your blog. You have some beautiful quilts!
    If I could, I would buy that sweet little church.
    I'll be coming back to visit here again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so cute church and love the pic of patrick on that looooooong road!

    glad those books arrived...I adore the tunics
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy birthday to you Julie!! Hope you had a good one! 8-)
    Dodging birds is no fun...been there done that, but not in a long while...
    Those poor sheep!!!
    Great photo of your son on the road... 8-)
    Love Ellie Mae's little dress and bloomers!!! Is that pattern cut in one piece, or three? Just adorable!
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! I see the dress is in three now! Helps to click on photo to enlarge!!! Gotta remember that! 8-)

    ReplyDelete