Thursday, October 23, 2008

Something I prepared earlier.


These are some more photos my brother took last weekend when he visited.  This is a miniature quilt my Mum made hanging in front of a not so miniature cactus plant.  I didn't realise until we got home that I hung it upside down.  Ooops.  Sorry Mum.


Some of the out of control cacti at the farm we visited.  I love this shot.  It looks like they are growing before your eyes.


A table topper/chair throw I made about six years ago.  I had never taken a photo of it.  My own design.  It was made from scraps of the following quilt.


I made this quilt about six years ago too.  Country Garden by Patchwork Pumpkin in Frankston.  This is where I discovered applique.  I used to take a square with me to work at the dentist each day to stitch at lunch time.  It didn't take that long to finish.  


3 comments:

  1. Hi, what a gorgeous heading photo you have. Love the quilt amongst all that cactus... have never seen any that tall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, What great cactus! I've never seen anything like it! I hope you got the email with my address. Please let me know if you didn't.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely wonderful photos! You have cacti growing there? Cacti THAT big yet? Holy Moly!!! Wow!
    Great quilts...as per usual! 8-)
    That last one was featured, with patterns, in my Australian Patchwork magazines that I used to get... Love that pattern!!!
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete