Saturday, October 25, 2008

Machine quilting marathon.


I've been very busy on the sewing machine. Mainly at night when everyone goes to bed. Remember this quilt (Anne Gadsby Design available in the shop) above, well I got it 3/4 quilted and ran out of thread today. Ahhhhh. I went to town this morning too. Double Ahhhh.


This is the free motion design I am doing on it. I can't believe how much cotton I am using doing it. Oh well, I'll get some more next week.
Last Tuesday I had a "private" lesson at home from a local designer/quilter extraordinaire. Oh wow! She brought along a couple of her original designs she has been working on. I wish I could have taken some photos but she wants to keep them under wraps a while longer. Had a great lesson and picked up some good free motion tips.

In the meantime, while I wait for more green thread, I have plenty to go on with of course. This is the customer quilt I am making, remember, I discovered the pattern in the magazine was wrong AFTER I had it all cut out. Luckily I had enough left over to re-cut some of the squares. I have the quilt top completed and plan to start quilting tonight. Just a free motion stipple I think. I love the free motion hearts but I've been asked for a semi masculine looking quilt.

Fabrics from this same range (Lecein- My Favorite Collection) are also available here at Provincial Patch the shop.


6 comments:

  1. The machine quilting looks so fabulous! THe hearts are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the free motion! Something for me to strive for, oneday! The top for the customer looks good too! Keep up the good work with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a nice blog. Your work is fabulous! I'll be back to visit:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting looks wonderful Julie! Always a bummer when one runs out of thread!!! I know!!! :-/
    Do you have a long-arm, or do you just do your quilting on your reg sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FMQ looks fantastic! I'm a new quilter and determined I am going to learn how to FMQ. Would love to read more from you with tips, etc.

    ReplyDelete