Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dolls quilt and post No. 100.


This is a miniature quilt/dolls quilt that my Mum recently gave to Ellie Mae.  She has crazy pieced it from floral scraps, lace, ribbon, material left over from my wedding dress and has hand stitched lots of pretty details on top.


We might be hanging it on the wall for now.  The old doll was also my Mums.  I used to play with her too.  Ellie Mae can have it when she is a bit older.  Ellie was fascinated with it when I brought her out of the cupboard today for the first time.




Yay too.  Post number 100.  

I was telling my husband about my 100th post giveaway.  He wants to choose the winner via "Cow Lotto".  I will see if we get time, it could be a laugh.

For those that don't know Cow Lotto involves a cow being let loose in a paddock.  The paddock is divided into a grid and each square on the grid gets a number.  You then wait for the cow to choose a square (when nature calls).  I'm thinking this could be a very time consuming method of selecting my winners.   Do you think I'll be able to get a pink ribbon on the cow?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway on the Thinking Pink post before Wednesday night.  There are two prizes now.

9 comments:

  1. Cow lotto, eh? Well whatever works best...LOL The crazy quilt your Mum has made is breath-takingly gorgeous. All the detail, wow! It's wonderful that your DD has a wonderful keepsake from her grandma, very special indeed

    Congratulations on post # 100 !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your 100th post!!
    I love the crazy patchwork dolls quilt....your Mum is very clever. I love the embellishing part of crazy quilts and now your daughter has her very own 'heirloom'.
    I think you should do the cow lotto thing....it will be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100th post! Keep on posting ;o)
    LOL, I've heard before about Cow Lotto - what a great idea...I want pics if you'll do it ;o) {it would be the only occasion I would WISH that a cow xxx on my square - *giggle*}
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... that is a lovely little dollquilt... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little doll quilt is so special -- as is the doll. What wonderful heirlooms!!
    Cow Lotto?? Oh, my! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellie Mae's quilt that your mum made is just divine. Andrea
    I vote for Cow Lotto, a novel way of getting a winner..........

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful doll quilt keepsake!!! I think I would rather keep it on the wall for quite a while... Too beautiful to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! By the way, the Cow Lotto sounds fun!!! A video of it would be cool!! But yes...alot of work creating it all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it as "Plop Lotto"!
    Lovely photo of your daughter too, your Brother takes some great photos, just seen the ones on Kerri's blog too.

    ReplyDelete