Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cruden Farm

For anyone looking for something to do in Melbourne this Sunday, Cruden Farm is open.  Cruden Farm is Dame Elisabeth Murdoch's home (Rupert's Mum) in Langwarrin near Frankston.  We went to a twilight jazz picnic there in February and the kids loved it.  She has a beautiful Edna Walling designed garden and some lovely old out buildings which you are free to roam around.  Make sure the kids take bread for the ducks on the pond if you go.  It is lovely with all the roses flowering in the Summer time but I'm sure she has just as many bulbs etc flowering at this time of the year.
The top photos are the driveway lined with lemon scented gum trees, the walled garden, Patrick is sitting on the edge of the circular driveway lawn at the front of the house, one of the old stone buildings and Ellie-Mae having a chat to Dame Elisabeth.  (Terrible photo of me, I had to crop myself out of it.)  I hope I'm that with it and still gardening when I'm 100 years old.



No comments:

Post a Comment