Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pots of gold


I'm hoping for a pot of gold at the bottom of the garden after this appeared over the farm this evening.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  Plus I was standing in the rain holding a baby and trying to hold the camera still.  It was a complete rainbow with a second faded one next to it which you can't see.


Tonights stitching is the sweet shop off my Girls Day Out quilt.  I am about ready for bed though.  We tree planted this morning and spent most of the afternoon pruning and weeding so I am tired.


A close up of my lolly jars.  They were supposed to be beads  but I think my stitches look OK.  I am doing them in four strands of DMC to give a bit of a 3D effect.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find the pot.....love your stitching.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a shame we didn't get the full effect of your beautiful rainbow. Didn't find that pot of gold either?
    Your lolly jars are just perfect. Love all the lollies in them. Love to see what is in all these shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lollies in the jars, your french knots look very effective. That Pot of Gold is so elusive, though we never give up hoping or looking :) Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped over here for the blog sleepover event. I love your quilting project and your stitching really sets it off so nicely. Seeing a rainbow is always a magical moment, what a lovely sight for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I think your stitches look terrific. I have this quilt stashed in a draw, and think I might not use the beads either!!!CAthyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lolly jars and the lolly shop. Much safer than the tiny beads.

    ReplyDelete