Wednesday, July 23, 2008

and a sewing night in the shed.......


Last nights efforts.



Can you believe it, after sewing for most of the day, I got to have another session last night.  The kids were both asleep by 7pm.  I told hubby "I was going to the shed"  which is code for the sewing room.  He can't understand me wanting to sit and sew in my little room when I could be watching TV with him.  (I don't do it very often at night.)  I tell him its similar to when he goes and has his boy time in his shed.  A girls sewing room is like a shed to a guy, except the activities that take place vary greatly.  No pool table or fire in a drum in my little room.  So heres a picture of "my shed".

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Julie, the UFO is looking mighty nice. I loved your story about how you 'go to the shed' to sew. It cracked me up! Cheers QGB

    ReplyDelete
  2. All girls have to have a "shed" to go to :) You have done a lot on your quilt now

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lot lovelier & much warmer than the boy shed. I like your shed a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, I love your sewing room/shed. So nice to get away by yourself and just sew. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Love what your sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie, Can you please tell me the name and designer of the quilt in this post. Not the Girls Day Out, the other one... It is so sweet!!! CAthy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, how blond am I. The way you have the teddies and chair etc I thought it was another quilt..It is Girls Day Out too... Boy do I feel doppy!!!! Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete